What is Glutathione? What are the benefits of Glutathione?
Benefits of Glutathione:
Better health, better performance, faster recovery from exercise, slower aging, increased energy, longer life, better quality of life, are a few of the benefits associated with high glutathione levels.
What is Glutathione?
1) Glutathione is the most abundant antioxidant made by the human body. It is the Master of neutralizing free radicals.
2) Glutathione is the only antioxidant that recycles itself after it has neutralized a free radical.
3) Glutathione recycles other antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin E as well as alpha lipoic acid after they have been utilized.
4) Glutathione maintains a healthy oxidant-reductant levels of the cells (cellular redox homeostasis)
5) Glutathione reduces hemoglobin to a plus 2 state so it can accept oxygen and carry it to the cells.
6) Glutathione protects the immune system from oxidative stress, allowing newly formed immune cells to proliferate to attack germs and viruses.
7) Glutathione protects the DNA in the nucleus of the cell
8) It protects the mitochondrial DNA of the cell.
9) It reduces lipid peroxides formed by the oxidation of fats to a water soluble state, making it easier for the body to eliminate them.
10) It transports aminoacids from outside of the cell into the cell, allowing protein biosynthesis to take place.
11) It is the first line of protection against environmental and chemical toxins.
12) It is a major sequestering agent of heavy metals.
For more information on what is Glutathione and what are the benefits of Glutathione, click on the link below